Thursday, May 18, 2006


Bienvenidos





I got to Quito Tuesday night. My family went to the coast without me, however, I was really happy to stay because I got to stay in Quito with Ruby Garces's family. They showed me much generosity and are letting me stay here until the Coba family gets here Sunday. I will probably get some photos of the family soon. Yesterday, Wednesday, Marifer, cousin of Ruby's family, Vane, her friend, and I visited La Mitad del Mundo (a monument at the equator where an explorer was able to correctly calculate the equator and then from those calculations, determine that the earth bulged at the equator). At the monument, we were the only ones there except the guards because the place had actually closed. Luckily the guard at the gate let us in after some pleading. After taking some pictures we ate at a restuarant there to try some empandas of cheese and green bananas and of beef. Here are some photos.


This is on the roof of Ruby's family's house with Quito in the background.


Below are some views of Quito my first morning there (first 2) and then some of La Mitad del Mundo.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home